Col. Kyle Cerfoglio is the Mission Support Group Commander for the 152nd Airlift Wing, Nevada Air National Guard (NVANG) Base, Reno, Nev. As this, he leads 440 airmen across all infrastructure operations of the wing, to ensure world class services are delivered by world class airmen. His scope includes: civil engineering, crash/fire/rescue, disaster preparedness, environmental management, personnel, command, control, communications and computer systems, logistics plans, programs and readiness, base supply, transportation, ground transportation, contracting, security forces, base services, fuels management, and small air terminal operations.
The colonel is a 1997 University of Nevada, Reno graduate with a Bachelor of Science degree in Education and a 2013 graduate of the Marine Corps University with a Master’s degree in Military Studies. He enlisted in 1992 and worked in almost every area of the supply career field, culminating his enlisted career as a Staff Sergeant. After graduating from the Academy of Military Science in Knoxville, Tenn. in 1999, he was assigned as traditional Supply Operations officer in the 152nd Logistics Readiness Squadron, while maintaining a full-time civilian career as an educator. After a tour as the 152nd Airlift Wing Public Affairs officer, he returned to the 152nd Logistics Readiness Squadron as the Director of Operations, advising the Mission Support Group Commander on all logistics matters. In August of 2010, he deployed as the Operations Officer for the Air Forces sole Combat Convoy Squadron in support of Operation Enduring Freedom. In January of 2014, he became the 152nd Logistics Readiness Squadron Commander. After a successful tour as Logistics Squadron Commander he was assigned as the A-1, Director of Personnel for the Nevada Air National Guard. He also served as the Deputy Mission Support Group Commander.
In his civilian career, he taught physical education, health, served as the athletics director and varsity basketball coach at Bishop Manogue High School and North Valleys High School from 1999-2008. As a basketball coach, his teams won the Nevada State Championship in 2000 and 2001. In 2001, he was named the State 3A Boys Coach of the year and in 2008, he was named as the ‘Male Role Model Coach’ for the State of Nevada. Prior to his current position, Col. Cerfoglio was the Chief of Staff of the 152nd Airlift Wing.
1992 Basic Military Training, San Antonio, Texas
1998 Bachelor of Science, Education, University of Nevada, Reno
1998 Academy of Military Science, Knoxville, Tenn.
1999 Supply Officer School, San Antonio, Texas
2006 Defense Information Public Affairs Officer School, Fort Meade, Md.
2008 Squadron Officer School, by correspondence
2013 Marine Corps Command and Staff College, In Residence, Quantico, Va.
2013 Masters in Military Studies, Marine Corps University, Quantico, Va.
2016 Air War College, Correspondence/Reserve Component Seminar, McGhee Tyson, Tenn.
1. May 1992 - May 1999, Supply Apprentice, 152nd Supply Squadron, Nevada Air National Guard Base, Reno, Nev.
2. June 1999 – May 2003, Combat Operations Officer, 152nd Supply Squadron, Nevada Air National Guard Base, Reno, Nev.
3. June 2003 – June 2004, Customer Service Officer, 152nd Logistics Readiness Squadron, Nevada Air National Guard Base Reno, Nev.
4. July 2004 – October 2005, Transportation Officer, 152nd Logistics Readiness Squadron, Nevada Air National Guard Base, Reno, Nev.
5. November 2005 – April 2007, Public Affairs Officer, 152nd Airlift Wing, Nevada Air National Guard Base, Reno, Nev.
6. May 2008 – December 2013, Director of Logistics, 152nd Logistics Readiness Squadron, Nevada Air National Guard Base, Reno, Nev. (August 2010 – April 2011, Operations Officer, 387 Expeditionary Logistics Readiness Squadron, Camp Arifjan, Kuwait)
7. January 2014 – July 2016, Commander, 152nd Logistics Readiness Squadron, Nevada Air National Guard Base, Reno, Nev.
8. July 2016—April 2017, A-1 Director of Personnel, Nevada Air National Guard Headquarters, Carson City, Nev.
9. April 2017—October 2018, Deputy Commander, 152nd Mission Support Group, Nevada Air National Guard Base, Reno, Nev.
10. October 2018—June 2019, Chief of Staff, 152nd Airlift Wing, Nevada Air National Guard Base, Reno, Nev.
11. June 2019—Current, Commander, 152nd Mission Support Group, Nevada Air National Guard Base, Reno, Nev.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak clusters
Army Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with three oak clusters
Air Reserve Forces Meritorious Service Medal with two oak clusters
Military Outstanding Volunteer Service Medal
STATE AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Nevada Medal of Merit
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant, June 18, 1999
First Lieutenant, June 18, 2001
Captain, June, 18, 2003
Major, May 15, 2008
Lieutenant Colonel, January 16, 2014
Colonel, January 30, 2021
(Current as of August 2021)