PRINT | E-MAIL
Chief Master Sgt. Angela D. Ash is the Command Chief for the 152nd Airlift Wing at the Nevada Air National Guard (NVANG) in Reno Nev. She advises the Wing Commander on all enlisted matters, including all issues affecting the commander’s mission and operations, and the readiness, training utilization, morale, technical and professional development, and quality of life for over eight hundred enlisted members.
Chief Ash enlisted into the active duty Air Force in November of 1984 and attended Basic Military training Dec. 28, 1984. She graduated from Technical School as an Information Management Specialist in April 1985. Her first duty assignment was at Elmendorf Air Force Base, Alaska, during that period she held the position of Base Publications Librarian until October 1986. In March 1996, she joined the Nevada Air National Guard as an Information Manager. While assigned to the 152nd Airlift Wing, she has worked several assignments to include working as a traditional guardsman for in the Support Group Commander’s office, under the PACER COIN reconnaissance mission. In 1998, she was hired as a full-time technician with the Nevada Military Department in Carson City, Nev. as a Military Personnel Assistant. In 1999, she joined the Communications Flight as an Information Manager and later detailed to the Plans and Implementation branch. In January 2005, she became the Plans Branch chief. She left the technician force in December 2006 to be closer to family.
She has worked as a Veteran’s Employment Coordinator for Nevada Work for Warriors; Nevada Employer Support Specialist for the Employers Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR); Executive Director of the Southern Nevada Region for ESGR. She also took an active duty operational support tour with A1, Manpower, Personnel and Service Division, as the Transition Assistance Program Noncommissioned Officer in Charge (NCOIC) at Air National Guard Readiness Center. She was charged with managing the presidentially mandated Veterans Opportunity to Work Act for 54 Guard units. She has been member of both the: Base Honor/Color Guard (2000 – 2015); and is active on the base Diversity and Inclusion council since 2001. She proudly served as the First Sergeant for the 152nd Airlift Wing and Operations Group from November 2009 to March 2014. She also was the additional duty first sergeant for Communications Flight from January 2006 to November 2009. Prior to her current position, she was the wing Human Resource Advisor where her focus was the deliberate professional development of the wing’s Airmen. She was also a Title 5 civilian Knowledge Management Specialist with the 152nd Communications Flight.
1985 Basic Military Training, Lackland Air Force Base, Texas
1985 Technical School, Keesler AFB, Miss.
1999 Noncommissioned Officer (NCO) Preparatory Course, by correspondence
2002 Plans and Implementation Course, Keesler AFB, Miss.
2005 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, by correspondence
2007 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, by correspondence
2009 United States Air Force First Sergeant’s Academy, Maxwell-Guther AFB, Ala.
2015 Human Resource Advisors Course, JBAndrews, Md.
2019 Associate in Applied Science, Information Systems Technology, Community College of the Air Force, Maxwell, AFB, Ala.
2019 Chief Master Sergeants Orientation Course, National Guard Bureau, Arlington, Va.
1. February 1985 - November 1986, Administration Specialist, 21st CSG, Elmendorf Air Force Base, Alaska
2. March 1996 - December 1997, Administrative Assistant, 152nd Support Group, Reno, Nev.
3. December 1997 - March 1998, Administrative Assistant, 152nd Airlift Wing, Reno, Nev.
4. April 1998 - April 1999, Military Personnel Management Office, Joint Force Headquarters, Carson City, Nev.
5. April 1999 - April 2000, Information Management, 152nd Communications Flight, Nevada ANG, Reno, Nev.
6. April 2000 - March 2009, Plans and Implementation Supervisor, 152nd Communications Flight, Nevada ANG, Reno, Nev. (August 2000-August 2000, Information Manager, 152 CF, Yokota AFB, Japan),
(February 2004-March 2004, Information Manager, 152 CF, Moron AFB, Spain)
7. March 2009 - April 2014, 152nd Airlift Wing/152nd Operations Group First Sergeant, Nevada Air National Guard Base, Reno, Nev.
8. March 2014 - September 2015, Noncommissioned Officer in Charge, Transition Assistance Program, National Guard Bureau, Readiness Center, Md.
9. April 2014 – January 2020, Wing Human Resource Advisor, 152nd Airlift Wing, Nevada Air National Guard Base, Reno, Nev.
10. January 2020 –present, Command Chief, 152nd Airlift Wing, Nevada Air National Guard Base, Reno, Nev
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal
Air Force Commendation with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal with two oak leaf clusters
STATE AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
NV Commendation with oak leaf cluster
NV Honor Guard Ribbon
NV First Sergeant Ribbon
NV Meritorious Service Ribbon with two oak leaf clusters
NV Humanitarian Service Ribbon
Honor Guard Member of the Year 2003 and 2007
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
Enlisted Association of National Guard the United States (EANGUS), Lifetime member
Air Force Sergeants Association- Lifetime member
Noncommissioned Officers Academy Graduate’s Association (NCOAGA)
Nevada Air National Guard Top 3 Council
Women in Military Service for America (WIMSA)
Sierra Air National Guard Association (SANGA)
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Airman First Class, March 29, 1996
Senior Airman Nov. 2, 1996
Staff Sergeant Feb. 1, 1999
Technical Sergeant Feb. 1, 2001
Master Sergeant March 12, 2005
Senior Master Sergeant March 3, 2012
Chief Master Sergeant July 14, 2019
(Current as of January 2020)