PRINT | E-MAIL
Colonel Erik A. Stach is the Commander of the 152nd Medical Group, 152nd Airlift Wing, Nevada Air National Guard Base, Reno, Nev. He provides leadership and direction to over 100 full-time and traditional military medical personnel. In this role, he also serves as the leader for the Nevada Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear and high-yield Explosives (CBRNE) Enhanced Response Force Package (CERFP) Medical element. He provides wing advisement on the healthcare continuum and medical readiness of over 1,000 Airmen assigned to the Airlift Wing.
Col. Stach has held a variety of home station and deployed assignments. In 2018-2019 he was deployed as a Medical Planner with United States Air Forces Europe – Air Forces Africa (USAFE-AFAFRICA) at Ramstein Air Base, Germany. He served in other assignments including: (Interim) Commanding Officer of the 146th Aeromedical Evacuation Squadron, Channel Islands Air National Guard Station, Port Hueneme, Calif.; Director of Operations for the 775th Expeditionary Aeromedical Evacuation Flight, Operating Location Bravo, Travis Air Force Base, Fairfield, Calif.; Lead Medical Planner, Patriot 2015 Exercise, Volk Field Combat Readiness Training Center, Wisc.; Executive Officer, 407th Air Expeditionary Group, Ali Base (Tallil) Iraq; Aeromedical Evacuation Liaison Team, 320th Expeditionary Aeromedical Evacuation Squadron, Seeb Air Base (Muscat), Sultanate of Oman; Officer-in-Charge, Aeromedical Evacuation Operations Team, Combined Joint Task Force 180, Bagram Airfield, Afghanistan; Observer Controller, Joint Readiness Training Center (JRTC) and Global Patriot Exercises in Alexandria, Va., Louisiana, Fort Drum, N.Y. and Volk Field, Wisc.; Troop Commander/Logistics Officer, Task Force Bucket, CANG Task Force assembled to fight wildfires near Yosemite National Park in 2007.
Prior to this assignment he was deployed as Commander of the 775th Expeditionary Aeromedical Evacuation Flight at Joint Base Andrews, Md.
1978 Basic Military Training, United States Marine Corps Recruit Depot, San Diego, Calif.
1982 Aircraft Weapons and Tactics, Instructor (1-82), Marine Corps Air Station, Yuma, Ariz.
1984 Associate of Science, Electronics, College of the Canyons, Valencia, Calif.
1987 Bachelor of Science, Engineering, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, Calif.
1991 Master of Science, Systems Management, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, Calif.
1998 Health Services Administration Course, Sheppard Air Force Base, Wichita Falls, Texas
2002 United States Air Force Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Montgomery, Ala.
2006 United States Air Force Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Montgomery, Ala.
2009 Medical Readiness Management Course, Sheppard Air Force Base, Wichita Falls, Texas
2011 Contingency Wartime Planning Course, Maxwell Air Force Base, Montgomery, Ala.
2015 Joint Medical Planner Course, Joint Base San Antonio, Texas
2019 Air War College, Maxwell Air Force Base, Montgomery, Ala.
1. August 1978 – November 1978, Basic Training, United States Marine Corps Recruit Depot, San Diego, Calif.
2. December 1978 – January 1980, Marine Medium Helicopter Squadron 164, 3rd Marine Air Wing (MAW), Marine Corps Air Station (MCAS) (H), Tustin, Calif.
3. February 1980 – September 1980, Marine Medium Helicopter Squadron 163, 1st MAW, MCAS Futenma, Okinawa, Japan
4. October 1980 – August 1982, Marine Medium Helicopter Squadron 163, 3rd MAW, MCAS (H), Tustin, Calif.
5. September 1982 – August 1988, Marine Medium Helicopter Squadron 764, 4th MAW, MCAS El Toro, Calif.
6. August 1988 – January 1989, United States Coast Guard Officer Candidate School, Yorktown, Va.
7. August 1989 – August 1993, Marine Helicopter Attack Squadron 775, 4th MAW, MCAS Camp Pendleton, Calif., (August 1990-February 1991, Saudi Arabia and Kuwait with 2nd Marine Expeditionary Force, (II MEF), OPERATIONS DESERT SHIELD/DESERT STORM)
8. September 1993 – September 1998, 146th Maintenance Squadron, California Air National Guard (ANG), Pt. Hueneme, Calif.
9. October 1998 – December 2017, 146th Aeromedical Evacuation Squadron, California ANG, Pt Hueneme, Calif., (October 1998-November 1998, Comalapa Air Base, El Salvador, OPERATION FUERTE APOYANDO for Hurricane Mitch), (October 2001 – April 2002, 320th Air Expeditionary Wing, Seeb Air Base (Muscat), Sultanate of Oman for OPERATIONS ENDURING FREEDOM/ANACONDA), (July 2003 – November 2003, Officer In Charge, 376th Expeditionary Aeromedical Evacuation Squadron, Bagram Airfield, Afghanistan for OPERATIONS ENDURING FREEDOM/MOUNTAIN VIPER/WARRIOR SWEEP), (January 2010 – May 2010, Executive Officer, 407th Air Expeditionary Group, Ali Base (Tallil), Iraq for OPERATION IRAQI FREEDOM), (May 2013 – October 2013, Director of Operations, 775th Expeditionary Aeromedical Evacuation Flight (EAEF), Operating Location Bravo, Travis AFB, Fairfield, Calif. for OPERATION ENDURING FREEDOM), (January 2016 – May 2016, Commander, 775th EAEF, Joint Base Andrews, Md. for OPERATION FREEDOM SENTINEL)
10. December 2017 – May 2018, Commander, 146th Aeromedical Evacuation Squadron, Pt. Hueneme, Calif.
11. October 2018 – April 2019, Medical Planner, United States Air Forces Europe - Air Forces Africa (USAFE-AFAFRICA), Office of the Command Surgeon, Ramstein Air Base, Germany
12. February 2020-April 2020, Commander, 775th Expeditionary Aeromedical Evacuation Flight, Joint Base Andrews, Md.
13. September 2020-Current, Commander, 152nd Medical Group, 152nd Airlift Wing, Nevada Air National Guard Base, Reno, Nev.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with bronze star
Air Force Commendation Medal
Army Commendation Medal
Meritorious Unit Award
AF Outstanding Unit Award with “V” device and three oak leaf clusters
Navy Unit Commendation
Navy Meritorious Unit Commendation with two bronze stars
Marine Corps Good Conduct Medal
Air Reserve Forces Meritorious Service Medal with seven oak leaf clusters
National Defense Service Medal with bronze star
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal
Southwest Asia Service Medal with two bronze service stars
Afghanistan Campaign Medal with bronze star
Iraq Campaign Medal with bronze star
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Humanitarian Service Medal
AF Overseas Ribbon Short
Sea Service Deployment Ribbon
Air Force Expeditionary Service Ribbon with Gold Border
Armed Forces Reserve Medal with three “M” devices
AF Longevity Service with five oak leaf clusters
Small Arms Expert Marksmanship Ribbon with bronze star
Air Force Training Ribbon
Kuwait Liberation Medal Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Kuwait Liberation Medal Government of Kuwait
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
First Lieutenant, Oct. 2, 1998
Captain, Oct. 14, 2000
Major, March 25, 2005
Lieutenant Colonel, March 29, 2012
Colonel, March 25, 2021
(Current as of April 2021)