PRINT | E-MAIL
Colonel Jeremy R. Ford serves as the Wing Commander, 152nd Airlift Wing, Nevada Air National Guard, Reno, Nev. He commands four groups consisting of 13 squadrons and flights, and is responsible for the policy, programming and planning necessary to train and maintain readiness for over 1,100 airmen and eight C-130H3 aircraft. The Wing is tasked to provide tactical air delivery capability to the State of Nevada and combatant commanders, and to perform large scale aerial firefighting by employing the Modular Airborne Fire Fighting System.
Colonel Ford graduated from Ohio University in 2002 and entered the Air Force in July 2002 through the Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps program from Detachment 650. Throughout his military career he has served as an enlisted member of the Army Reserves, active duty Air Force and as both a traditional and fulltime member of the Air National Guard. His service has spanned a board career to include numerous flight operations and support positions, Bilateral Affairs Officer for the State Partnership Program and Division Chief staff officer for the National Guard Bureau. He is a command pilot, an evaluator pilot in multiple airframes and holds more than 3,100 hours and 400 combat hours in operations Joint Forge, Joint Guardian, Enduring Freedom, and Inherent Resolve.
Prior to his current position, Col. Ford was the Commander of the 152nd Maintenance Group, Nevada Air National Guard Base, Reno, Nev.
2002 Bachelor of Science in Industrial Technology, Ohio University, Athens, Ohio
2008 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala., Distinguished Graduate
2015 Master’s Degree of Military Operational Art and Science, Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2017 Reserve Component National Security Course, National Defense University, Fort McNair, Washington D.C.
2018 Air War College, by correspondence
1. June 1997 - June 2002, Enlisted, Det 1, 261st Ordnance Company, Army Reserves, Ripley, W.Va.
2. August 2002 - September 2003, Student, Undergraduate Pilot Training, Vance Air Force Base, Okla.
3. November 2003 - October 2006, Instructor Pilot, C-21A, 76th Airlift Squadron, Ramstein Air Base, Germany
4. November 2006 - September 2009, Pilot, C-130H, 164th Airlift Squadron, Mansfield Air National Guard Base, Ohio (November 2007 - January 2008, C-130H Aircraft Commander, 774th Expeditionary Airlift Squadron, Bagram Air Base, Afghanistan; June 2009 - August 2009, C-130H Aircraft Commander, 774th Expeditionary Airlift Squadron, Bagram Air Base, Afghanistan)
5. October 2009 - September 2010, Bilateral Affairs Officer, Office of Defense Cooperation, Embassy of the United States, Budapest, Hungary
6. October 2010 - March 2012, Instructor Pilot, C-27J, Chief of Training, 179th Operational Support Squadron, Mansfield Air National Guard Base, Ohio (October 2011 - February 2012, C-27J Aircraft Commander, 702d Expeditionary Airlift Squadron, Kandahar Air Base, Afghanistan)
7. April 2012 - June 2014, Evaluator Pilot, C-27J/C-130H, Chief of Standardization and Evaluation, 179th Operations Group, Mansfield Air National Guard Base, Ohio
8. July 2014 - August 2015, Chief of Safety, 179th Air Wing, Mansfield Air National Guard Base, Ohio
9. December 2014 - August 2015, Ohio Air National Guard A8, Strategic Plans and Programs, Joint Forces Headquarters, Beightler Armory, Ohio
10. August 2015 - April 2017, Evaluator Pilot, C-130H, Director of Operations, 164th Airlift Squadron, Mansfield Air National Guard Base, Ohio (May 2016 - July 2017, Assistant Director of Operations, 779th Expeditionary Airlift Squadron, Ali Al Salem Air Base, Kuwait)
11. May 2017 - April 2018, Chief of Plans and Programs, 179th Airlift Wing, Mansfield Air National Guard Base, Ohio
12. April 2018 - August 2019, Chief of Strategic Basing Branch, Air National Guard Readiness Center, Joint Base Andrews, Md.
13. August 2019 - July 2020, Chief of Force Planning, Basing, and Conversions Division, Air National Guard Readiness Center, Joint Base Andrews, Md.
14. August 2020 - June 2021, Commander, 152nd Maintenance Group, Nevada Air National Guard Base, Nev.
15. June 2021 - present, Commander, 152nd Airlift Wing, Nevada Air National Guard Base, Nev.
Rating: Command Pilot
Flight Hours: More than 3,100 including more than 400 combat hours
Aircraft Flown: C-21A, C-27J, C-130E/H, T-1, T-37
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal
Air Medal with three bronze oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal
Army Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal
Meritorious Unit Award with two bronze oak leaf clusters
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with valor device
Combat Readiness Medal
Army Reserve Component Achievement Medal
National Defense Service Medal
Afghanistan Campaign Medal with four bronze service stars
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal with two bronze service stars
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Air Force Expeditionary Service Ribbon with gold frame and two bronze oak leaf clusters
Air Force Longevity Service with five bronze oak leaf clusters
Armed Forces Reserve Medal with merit device
Small Arms Expert Marksmanship Ribbon
Air Force Training Ribbon
Army Service Ribbon
NATO Medal with bronze service star
2008 Distinguished Graduate, Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
Nevada National Guard Officer Association
National Guard Association of the United States
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant, June 29, 2002
First Lieutenant, June 29, 2004
Captain, June 29, 2006
Major, July 1, 2010
Lieutenant Colonel, March 5, 2015
Colonel, November 21, 2019
(Current as of March 2021)