Chief Master Sgt. Jeffrey D. Linton serves as the Command Chief Master Sergeant for the 152nd Airlift Wing, in Reno, Nev. The 152nd Airlift Wing is responsible for providing world-class tactical airlift capabilities to state and federal authorities as well as providing combat support forces to combatant commanders. Chief Linton is the principal senior enlisted advisor to the wing commander on all enlisted matters regarding the health, morale, welfare, professional development, discipline and readiness for over eight hundred enlisted personnel.
Chief Linton grew up in Reno, Nev., and entered the Air Force in 2000, joining the Materiel Management career field. Chief Linton began his career in the Mobility element where he managed individual protective equipment stockpiles. In 2002, he was assigned to the Customer Service Flight as a maintenance supply liaison working Repair Cycle and aircraft MICAP support. In April 2004, Chief Linton was assigned to the Asset Management Flight and worked in warehouse operations. His duties while assigned to the warehouse included Mobility Readiness Spares Packages, Inspection, Central Storage and Receiving. In March 2011, Chief Linton was selected as the Asset Management Flight Chief. Chief Linton deployed in support of OPERATION IRAQI FREEDOM in February 2004, February 2005 and in September 2005. Chief Linton also deployed to Ramstein Air Base, Germany in January 2008 in support of OPERATION JOINT ENTERPRISE and later deployed to Puerto Rico in October 2011 in support of CORONET OAK. In 2013, Chief Linton retrained into the Traffic Management career field where he was assigned as the Distribution Superintendent. In this capacity, he was responsible for all Traffic Management and Ground Transportation functions.
Prior to his current assignment he was the Materiel Management Senior Enlisted Leader for the 152nd Logistics Readiness Squadron.
2004 Airman Leadership School, by correspondence
2008 Noncommissioned Officer’s Academy, by correspondence
2009 Associate of Arts Degree, General Studies, Truckee Meadows Community College, Reno, Nev.
2010 Associate of Applied Science Degree, Logistics Management, Community College of the Air Force
2012 Bachelor of Arts degree, Organizational Management, Ashford University, Clinton, Iowa
2013 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy Course 14, by correspondence
2017 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Advanced Leadership Experience, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2017 Professional Manager Certification, Community College of the Air Force
2017 Associate of Applied Science Degree, Transportation, Community College of the Air Force
2019 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education II, Joint Knowledge Online, by correspondence
2019 Chiefs Orientation Course, Air National Guard Readiness Center, Joint Base Andrews, Md.
2021 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education I, Joint Knowledge Online, by correspondence
1. September 2000 – November 2000, Trainee, Basic Military Training, 324th Training Squadron, Lackland Air Force Base, Texas
2. August 2001 – February 2003, Supply Management Apprentice, 152nd Logistics Readiness Squadron, Nevada Air National Guard Base, Reno, Nev.
3. February 2003 – February 2007, Supply Management Journeyman, 152nd Logistics Readiness Squadron, Nevada Air National Guard Base, Reno, Nev. (Jan. 2004 – Feb 2004, Feb. 2005 – Mar. 2005, Sep. 2005 – Oct 2005 Maintenance Supply Liaison, 407th Air Expeditionary Group, Ali AB, Iraq in support of OPERATION IRAQI FREEDOM)
4. February 2007 – March 2011, Supply Management Craftsman, 152nd Logistics Readiness Squadron, Nevada Air National Guard Base, Reno, Nev. (Jan. 2008, Maintenance Supply Liaison, Delta Squadron, Ramstein AB, Germany in support of OPERATION JOINT ENTERPRISE)
5. March 2011 – December 2013, Asset Management Flight Supervisor, 152nd Logistics Readiness Squadron, Nevada Air National Guard Base, Reno, Nev. (Oct. 2011 – Maintenance Supply Liaison, 152 Logistics Readiness Squadron, Muñiz ANG Base, Puerto Rico in support of OPERATION CORONET OAK)
6. December 2013 – March 2019, Distribution Superintendent, 152nd Logistics Readiness Squadron, Nevada Air National Guard Base, Reno, Nev.
7. March 2019 – January 2022, Materiel Management Senior Enlisted Leader, 152nd Logistics Readiness Squadron, Nevada Air National Guard Base, Reno, Nev.
8. January 2022 – present, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 152nd Airlift Wing, Nevada Air National Guard Base, Reno, Nev.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Reserve Forces Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
STATE AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Nevada Global War on Terrorism Medal
Nevada State Commendation Medal with device
Nevada Humanitarian Service Ribbon with four devices
2001 Air Education Training Command Distinguished Graduate, Lackland Air Force Base, Texas
2006 152nd Logistics Readiness Squadron Noncommissioned Officer of the Year
2012 Summa cum laude, Bachelor of Arts, Ashford University
2013 152nd Logistics Readiness Squadron Senior Noncommissioned Officer of the Year
2014 Air Education Training Command Distinguished Graduate, Fort Lee, Va.
2017 Nevada Air National Guard Senior Noncommissioned Officer of the Year
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
Enlisted Association of the National Guard of the United States (Lifetime Member)
Air Force Sergeants Association
152nd Airlift Wing Chiefs Council Board Member
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Airman 1st Class June 30, 2000
Senior Airman April 23, 2002
Staff Sgt. October 2, 2004
Tech. Sgt. May 25, 2007
Master Sgt. June 11, 2011
Senior Master Sgt. February 20, 2016
Chief Master Sgt. July 13, 2019
(Current as of February 2022)