Airmen and Soldiers of the Nevada Air and Army National Guard stop and pose for a photo with Gen. Joseph Lengyel at the first ever 152nd Airlift Wing Leadership Summit on March 3 at the Nevada Air National Guard Base in Reno.


White Rectangle



The Uniformed and Overseas Citizens Absentee Voting Act (UOCAVA) protects the right to vote for members of the Uniformed Services, Merchant Marines, their spouses and dependents, and United States (US) citizens residing outside the territorial limits of the US. It requires each Government department to distribute balloting materials and develop a program of information and education for all employees and family members covered by the Act. As the Presidential Designee for oversight of the Federal Voting Assistance Program (FVAP), the Secretary of Defense has directed commanders at all levels to support the FVAP and encourage maximum participation by Air Force personnel and their dependents, in exercising their right to vote.
The Air Force Voting Assistance Program is an ongoing program to assist military personnel, their family members and all other voting age citizens with access to the installation voter assistance office, regardless of MAJCOM or branch of service affiliation, to register and vote either at the polls or by absentee ballot. The mission of the program is to provide assistance for all elections, regardless of when they are held, with special emphasis on the period prior to general elections.
Your Installation Voter Assistance Office is here to help you exercise the very right you protect—your right to vote!  We can help you register to vote, request an absentee ballot and notify your local election officials back home of a change of address. 


Federal Post Card Application (FPCA): 
The FPCA can be used to register to vote while simultaneously requesting an absentee ballot.  It can also be used to submit a change of address to your local election officials.  You can now go online to and use the FPCA Wizard that will help you register, request your absentee ballot and/or change your address while providing you with all of your state-specific information and requirements to vote!

Federal Write-In Absentee Ballot (FWAB): 
The FWAB can be used as a backup in case you have already registered to vote or sent in an FPCA to both register and request your absentee ballot, but you have not yet received your absentee ballot from your State.  Like the FPCA, you can go online to fill in the FWAB at and use the FWAB Wizard that will help you to vote in Federal elections, even filling in your candidate choices based on your State of residence!

Both the FPCA and FWAB Wizards will provide you with a filled in form.  All you have to do is print, sign and date it, and return it to your election official via the directions provided (some States allow you to fax, and/or e-mail your signed form if you “PDF” and scan it to your computer).

National Mail Voter Registration Form (NVRF): 
If you are separating/retiring, you’ll need to advise your local election official (LEO) that you will no longer be considered a military voter.  The NVRF (or your state voter registration form) can then be used to notify your LEO of your address change. Voting Assistance Guide (

Installation Voter Assistance (IVA) Office – The IVA Office can help you fill in and mail your voting materials if you need the assistance. Please contact your Voting Assistance Officers (VAOs) at:

Airman & Family Readiness Center
Building 66 (SANGA)
Commercial Telephone: 775-788-4585; DSN Telephone: 830-4585

Air Force Total Force Service Center (TFSC) – In the event you are unable to contact your IVA Office, 24-hour voting assistance is available from the AF TFSC at: DSN 665-0102, Commercial 210-565-0102 or Toll Free 1-800-525-0102. 

Federal Voting Assistance Program (FVAP) – You may access many voting-related questions and answers on the FVAP website at, the Air Force Voting website at or at the 152nd Airlift Wing voting website,